The Music Junction is the premier music school for Burbank, North Hollywood, Glendale, and their surrounding communities with private and group lessons. We provide quality one-on-one music lessons in piano, voice, guitar, ukulele, violin, drums, bass, songwriting, and performance. Music Junction also teaches the MTAC certification course for music education certifications in piano or voice. We offer music camps in the spring, summer and winter seasons. In addition, students perform in our two big recitals each year! At Music Junction, we believe that all benefit and gain life skills from music education, and we emphasize the importance that music education has on all aspects of life.
Get ready for an awesome night of music right here on the campus of Mark Keppel VAPA Magnet! On Friday, November 8, 2019, MKS will hold a rock concert, featuring bands made up of Keppel Students, Parents and even some Keppel Staff! There will be food and fun activities available as well. This celebration is for the entire Keppel Community and marks the end of MKS’ Annual Family Fund Drive. All proceeds from the event benefit our wonderful arts programs, intervention teachers and various arts experiences that ALL Mark Keppel students benefit from.
This is a school-wide celebration so we encourage all Keppel Families to come enjoy the evening. Ticket information to be updated soon.
How does it work?
Keppel students form bands and in six weeks receive an introduction to, and light instruction of, an instrument in order to perform a song on stage at KRA. Weekly practices will be run by the talented teachers of Music Junction and held at Keppel weekday afternoons.
How can my child join a band?
If your child would like the opportunity to perform in a band, please pick up an application at the office, beginning Thursday September 12th. Return it with a suggested donation of $25 back to the front office by September 20, 2019. Checks can be made payable to: MKS. For more information, join us at our Info Night on Wednesday, September 11, 2019. Space is limited so sign up early!
How much does it cost/do I need to supply the instruments?
We ask for a suggested donation of $25 per student. Checks can be made payable to MKS. All instruments will be provided for use; your child may bring their own instrument as well.
How can parents join in on the fun?
We are always looking for parents to join our parent band. No matter if you are a musician with lots of experience, or a parent that just loves to sing along with the radio, we’d love to have you!
How can I help if I don’t want to be on stage?
If performing is not your thing, we are always in need of lots of parent volunteers. In order to create such a fun event for the school, many helping hands are needed, both in the days leading up to the show, as well as during the concert itself. Email us at: email@example.com for more details.
I have a local business. How can we help?
MKS is not only funded by family donations, but business and corporate donations as well. We welcome any contribution of money, goods, or services. In return, your business would be advertised in a variety of ways as a supporter of the arts at Mark Keppel. For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All proceeds go to supporting Keppel’s Arts Programs.
If you are on joining us at the concert, here are a few last minute tips:
- Bring cash, credit card, or checkbook. Your entrance ticket and any food, drinks or activities can be purchased with any of three options.
- Head to WILL CALL if you have already turned in your ticket order form and payment. Your tickets will be waiting for you.
- Dress warmly! It will be chilly, and we will be outdoors.
- Bring blankets and chairs to get comfy. Seating will be on the grassy area of the playground.
- Come with an appetite. We will be selling all sorts of yummy food, drinks, and treats.
- Volunteer! It's not too late to sign up for a short shift to help make the evening go smoothly. Volunteer sign up information will be available soon.
- Get your phones and camera batteries charged and ready to go. There will be lots of memories to capture.
- Bring any Glass, Wheeled Toys of Any Kind (i.e. bikes, skateboards, wheelies, etc.), Alcohol, Radios, Pets of Any Size or Kind.
- Forget that this event also raises funds for our art programs, including our Resident Artist salaries! Without the Resident Artists, your child would not receive the weekly art classes that enriches his/her education.