Get ready for an awesome night of music right here on the campus of Mark Keppel VAPA Magnet! On Friday, November 2, 2018, MKS will hold a rock concert, featuring bands made up of Keppel Students, Parents and even some Keppel Staff! This celebration is for the entire Keppel Community and proceeds benefit our wonderful arts programs, intervention teachers and 5th grade promotion activities. Our students have been rehearsing every week with The Music Junction and are so excited to rock. Food and fun activities will also be available for purchase. Please note: the first 50 guests under the age of 12 to enter will receive a free tambourine, courtesy of the Glendale Educational Foundation!
This is a school-wide event so we encourage all Keppel Families to come enjoy the evening. Tickets are available for purchase now. You can click on the above link for an order form. The last day to order pre-sale tickets is Thursday, November 1st. Any tickets sold after that will be at the gate. All pre-sold tickets will be held at Will Call that evening for pickup.
This will also be the last time we pick winners from our Donate! Create! Win! Opportunity Drawing. A few lucky families will be going home with some fun prizes, including brand-new ukeleles, passes to the Huntington Library, a child’s art class from the Armory Center For The Arts, a signed “Supergirl” poster, and a dinner for two at The Standard Hotel.
ABOUT THE MUSIC JUNCTION
The Music Junction is the premier music school for Burbank, North Hollywood, Glendale, and their surrounding communities with private and group lessons. We provide quality one-on-one music lessons in piano, voice, guitar, ukulele, violin, drums, bass, songwriting, and performance. Music Junction also teaches the MTAC certification course for music education certifications in piano or voice. We offer music camps in the spring, summer and winter seasons. In addition, students perform in our two big recitals each year! At Music Junction, we believe that all benefit and gain life skills from music education, and we emphasize the importance that music education has on all aspects of life.
If you do plan on joining us, here are a few last minute tips:
- Bring cash, credit card, or checkbook. Your entrance ticket and any food, drinks or activities can be purchased with any of three options.
- Head to WILL CALL if you have already turned in your ticket order form and payment. Your tickets will be waiting for you.
- Dress warmly! It will be chilly, and we will be outdoors.
- Bring blankets and chairs to get comfy. Seating will be on the grassy area of the playground.
- Come with an appetite. We will be selling pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, drinks (hot & cold) and snacks.
- Volunteer! It's not too late to sign up for a short shift to help make the evening go smoothly. To sign up, visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D4FACAF23A1FF2-keppelrockstheart1
- Get your phones and camera batteries charged and ready to go. There will be lots of memories to capture.
- Bring any Glass, Wheeled Toys of Any Kind (i.e. bikes, skateboards, wheelies, etc.), Alcohol, Radios, Pets of Any Size or Kind.
- Forget that this event also raises funds for our art programs, including our Resident Artist salaries! Without the Resident Artists, your child would not receive the weekly art classes that enriches his/her education.